1-day Workshop on Biodynamic Winegrowing
August 23 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£60.00
This workshop, run by Robin Snowdon (vineyard manager and winemaker), will cover the basics of biodynamic viticulture (growing grapes) and viniculture (making wine).
It will include:
- the principles of biodynamic agriculture,
- an introduction to biodynamic vineyard management,
- the use of compost teas, whey & plant-based sprays for vine health,
- an introduction to the biodynamic preparations with examples,
- a tour of the vineyard and exploration of the grape varieties, trellising systems, soil care and treatments,
- an introduction to biodynamic wine making,
- a tasting of our natural wines with an explanation of the processes followed,
- plenty of space for questions and discussion, as required.
This course is ideal for:
- anyone interested in setting up an organic / biodynamic vineyard,
- anyone interested in making biodynamic wine,
- anyone selling biodynamic wine – working in restaurants, bars, or in the wine trade,
- anyone interested in the principles of biodynamic agriculture.
There will be a maximum of 8 people on the workshop to enable social distancing throughout the day. The price also includes lunch which again will be made and served in a way following government guidelines set out to prevent potential transmission of the Covid 19 virus.
If you would like more information then please feel free to contact Robin directly.
Cost: £60 (including lunch and a tasting of our 3 natural wines).
Booking on Eventbrite here or at the link below.