- This event has passed.
1-day Workshop on Biodynamic Winegrowing
July 16, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm80.00£
This workshop, run by Robin Snowdon (vineyard manager and winemaker for Limeburn Hill Biodynamic Vineyard), will cover the basics of biodynamic viticulture (growing grapes) and viniculture (making wine).
It will include:
- the principles of biodynamic agriculture,
- an introduction to biodynamic vineyard management,
- the use of compost teas & plant-based sprays for vine health,
- an introduction to the biodynamic preparations with examples,
- a tour of the vineyard and exploration of the grape varieties, trellising systems, soil care and treatments,
- an introduction to biodynamic wine making,
- a tasting of our natural wines with an explanation of the winemaking processes,
- plenty of space for questions and discussion, as required.
This course is ideal for:
- anyone interested in setting up an organic / biodynamic vineyard,
- anyone interested in making biodynamic wine,
- anyone selling or serving biodynamic wine – working in restaurants, bars, or in the wine trade,
- anyone interested in the principles of biodynamic agriculture.
There will be a maximum of 12 people on the workshop to enable space and time for everyone to ask questions. The price includes lunch and wine tasting.
If you would like more information then please feel free to contact Robin directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: £80 (including lunch and a tasting of our natural wines).
Booking on Eventbrite here or at the link below.
About the organiser
Robin Snowdon and Georgina Harvey planted, and have been running, Limeburn Hill Biodynamic Vineyard for nearly 10 years. Robin teaches the Introduction to Biodynamic Viticulture course for the Biodynamic Association College UK as well as giving talks about biodynamics around the country. He works as a consultant for vineyards looking to follow biodynamic principles and was Chair of the Biodynamic Association certification board for several years.